Monday, August 2, 2010

Chugging Along, Falling Behind

OK, so, obviously I am having a rough time keeping up here. Been so busy living life that I don't have time to document it properly. Sody and I have been babysitting a ton, four days a week. Some are half days, some are full, some have been double booked (babysit for one family in the morning, rush home to let Sody nap, then straight to another family house for afternoon babysitting), and some afternoons I have had two kids to watch along with Sody. Which is all about as hectic as it sounds. Basically we are just always running around somewhere, to and from Berkeley a thousand times a week, and Isota is logging lots of carseat time. Too bad they don't give out travel miles for that like they do for airplanes.

In any case, because of all this running around I haven't been whipping out the camera much lately. And lord knows that I don't want to spend my limited free time on the computer. Even right now, writing this as Sody is napping, all I am thinking of is the laundry that needs to be folded and the laundry that needs to be washed and the dishes piling up in the sink and the cupcakes I want to make but the real food I need to make for Sody's meals this week and how I have hardly any produce left for her but god knows when I am going to get to the grocery store. Etc. This is what my days have been like. Just trying to keep my head above water and everyone happy and fed.

The good side to all of this is that Isota is getting regular playmates. When I tell we are going to So-and-So's house to play, she laughs and claps. She knows their neighborhoods now, too, so when we get close to the houses she starts getting super excited. There's lots of walks and parks and friends and different toys, so all of that can't be too bad, right? Hopefully a fair trade-off for getting dragged all over town all week.




No comments:

Post a Comment