Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

A day late and a dollar short, as they say...but if you saw the state of my house right now you would commend me for blogging at all. The dismantling and packing up of our abode continues: a flurry of boxes and tape and a little one who tries to unpack the boxes as soon as you fill them. I wonder what she thinks is happening right now. Her toys and clothes are slowly disappearing into big brown boxes and each day there is increasingly less space to play in here. We forge on; she is a great sport about it.

We had a sweet Valentine's Day. The Friday before we went out to a fancy dinner with my parents and Isota behaved perfectly. It helped that there happened to be live music that night so no one would care if a small child decided to, say, sing "Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!" over and over at a louder-than-normal volume. And then yesterday there were lovely gifts from Dad and a lunch date/last hurrah at our favorite pizza joint here. Now I am going to go water my roses and enjoy these last few moments of naptime with a delicious piece of chocolate. Or three.




No comments:

Post a Comment