Monday, October 12, 2009

Sody and Her Dad





Well, we have been on a little bit of a hiatus around here because last week I went in to have my gallbladder taken out. It has been a problem ever since Isota was born (turns out pregnancy can cause gallstones to form) so instead of waiting to have more and possibly more serious debilitating and really freaking painful gallbladder attacks, I went for surgery. It was nerveracking because I am more on the hippie-dippy, natural remedy, Eastern medicine side of things rather than elect to get cut open...I mean, I have never even had an IV in my arm before, let alone any surgeries. But now that I am on the other side of it (and it truly was an easy procedure, I have only four tiny incisions) and on the road to recovery I believe it was the right decision.

Needless to say, the weekend was filled with me laying on the couch, popping pain pills and dozing. I am not supposed to be lifting anything heavy, which is not exactly compatible with taking care of a child. So Joe totally took over - meals and cleanups and playtimes and walks and storytimes and most importantly, diaper changes. I didn't touch a dirty diaper for three days! It's hard to not be able to play and cuddle with Isota like usual but on the flipside it is so amazing to watch Joe with her. I can't describe how sweet they are together and the way I catch her looking at him sometimes. The Look of Love, totally. He is the best dad and the best husband and I fully lucked out with this one. Thanks for taking such amazing care of both of us, baby! Not just this weekend but every day. We love you to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment